News, Events, Activities
Check Out the Latest Sedgwick County 4-H News!
4-H Weekly Update - September 14, 2022
Newsletter Article Links Below
4-H Club Meetings that Youth Choose to Attend
Finding Your Spark
Sharing the Load
Sedgwick County 4-H Calendar of Events 2022-23
State 4-H Events and Activites
Check here for updates and information for upcoming events and activites.
County Wide Events
During the year, there are various activities held that all 4-H members and their families may participate in. Information is shared through the newsletter and the clubs. These include:
- 4-H Carnival - a fun family night, usually held in October. Clubs set up game booths. Proceeds are split between the clubs and the 4-H Foundation.
- 4-H Recognition Banquet - provide recognition for excellence in achievement, usually held in November. Ticket order form.
- 4-H Day - a communication competition day, usually held in February.
- 4-H Camp - usually held in June for 3rd thru 7th graders, with 1st and 2nd graders doing Rookie Camp at the same time.
- Sedgwick County Fair - usually held the second week of July in Cheney.
State Wide Events
These state events are open to all 4-H members who meet the age qualification. Events will be promoted thru the newsletter. Information and registration is found at www.kansas4-h.org.
- Citizenship in Action - a two day event in Topeka, usually in February.
CIA Information Page
- Discovery Days - a four day learning event at K-State, usually in late May.
- Kansas Youth Leadership Forum - a three day leadership conference at Rock Springs, usually held the weekend before Thanksgiving.
- Invitational Dog Show - Sedgwick County
- Dog Agility Trials - Sedgwick County
Adult chaperones are needed for state events (at least 1 adult per 15 youth). Chaperones must attend the entire event and help provide direction and supervision for our delegation. All chaperones must go through volunteer screening. Registration fees are covered. Contact the 4-H office if you are interested.
Sedgwick County 4-H offers the opportunity for youth to apply for the following national events:
National 4-H Congress - usually held in Atlanta, Georgia, Thanksgiving weekend. Applications are due April 15 and interviews held in late April. 4-H Advisory Council provides one $1000 scholarship to this event.
Citizenship Washington Focus - a two week bus trip to Washington, D.C. with youth from across Kansas. Applications are due November 15, followed by interviews. Sedgwick County 4-H Advisory Council offers two $1000 scholarships to this event.
National 4-H Conference - a working conference in Washington D.C., usually in April. Applications are due at the end of September. Screening and interviews are held at KYLF in November. Information at www.kansas4-h.org. Sedgwick County Advisory Council offers a $900 scholarship if a member is selected as a Kansas delegate.