K-State Research and Extension – Sedgwick County hires hard-working people to serve Sedgwick County. Please join our team!
Office professional (part time)
DEADLINE TO APPLY: position will be open until filled.
APPLICATION MATERIALS: To be considered for this position, an APPLICATION, COVER LETTER AND RESUME ARE REQUIRED. Please send to Jennifer Brantley, Extension Director at email@example.com.
Access the PDF office professional application for employment.
Employer and Supervisor: The office professional reports to the FCS agents and county director. Sedgwick county extension board provides compensation.
Location: Sedgwick County Extension Education Center, 7001 W. 21st St. N., Wichita, KS
Position Type: Part-time, 20 hours a week (Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.).
General Responsibilities: The FCS Office Professional provides administrative support to the FCS department and other Sedgwick County Extension educational programs.
Pay Rate: $13.00 an hour. Benefits are not provided for this part-time position.
- Present a professional and welcoming impression for K-State Research and Extension Sedgwick County.
- Respond to questions about educational programs, classes, and other activities at the extension office.
- Help agents prepare for programs including, shopping for supplies, set up, and tear down.
- Collect registration fees for classes, workshops, events and make weekly deposits to the financial manager.
- Help to develop and produce promotional materials for agents, including taking photos, videos, using Adobe Spark, Constant Contact, Canva, Facebook, or other social media platforms.
- Proofread and edit written materials
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Schedule rooms for agents
- Collect, open and sort mail
- Assist with online data entry
- Relieve receptionist at the front desk as needed
- Make and distribute invoices to agents as needed
- Post class and workshop information on website
- Keep records for agent travel expenses, mileage, and registration
- Take initiative in assisting agents and be a self-starter
- Communicate effectively with all coworkers and clients
- Other duties as necessary (example: laundering tablecloths after an event, setting up tables, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Detailed oriented and highly organized
- Proficiency in English, spelling, grammar, and basic mathematic skills
- Knowledge and operation of office equipment and personal computers
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, Publisher and to learn and use other software programs as needed
- Manages multiple projects and tasks effectively
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to record, file and retrieve information
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
This work is primarily sedentary and will be performed at a desk in the office environment. The work may require some repetitive movement of the arms and hands. There may be some moderate physical exertion such as carrying supplies and other items associated with educational events.
K-State Research and Extension – Sedgwick County is an equal opportunity provider and employer. A criminal background check is required.