Choose Health: Food, Fun, and Fitness
Choose Health: Food, Fun, and Fitness (CHFFF) was developed by Cornell University Division of Nutritional Sciences and aims to engage youth in activities that encourage healthy eating and active play. The Choose Health behavior goals are:
- Replace sweetened drinks with low-fat milk and water.
- Eat more vegetables and fruit.
- Eat fewer high-fat and high-sugar foods and more nutrient rich and high-fiber foods.
- Eat only as often and as much as needed to satisfy hunger.
- Play actively 60 minutes a day.
- Limit screen time to two hours or less a day.
SNAP-Ed Sedgwick County offers CHFFF for grades 3-5 in a classroom, after-school and summer programs, clubs, libraries, and other youth sites.
Are you an educator or youth program coordinator interested in bringing CHFFF to your school? Please contact our SNAP-Ed Agent by phone or email for more information.