Home and Family Life
Family Life is a research-based program offered to all Kansas families. It focuses on healthy family functioning and provides a primarily preventive approach. The goal of Family Life workshops is to teach and foster knowledge and skills to enable individuals and families to function optimally. Strong, stable, and resilient families are crucial to the health and well-being of individuals, communities, and society.
Family Life education offers many different workshops:
- Great Beginnings for Families - Parents with children 0-5 yrs old
- Responsive Discipline - Parents with children 3-16 yrs old
- Stepping Stones for Step-families - Understanding the new family
- Internet Safety for Parents - Keep your child safe
- Budgeting Basics
- Bonding Thru Board Games - Family Game Night Program 2018 Schedule
- Childcare Provider Training
- Women Investment Education Program (WIEP) - Basic investment concepts
When families remarry, did you know that...
- Children, ages 9 to 15, may have the hardest time adapting to a new family situation.
- It can take 4 years or more for a step-family to develop into what feels like a family.
- It can take 18 to 24 months for children to be friendly to a new step-parent.