Aging and Medicare
Presentations and classes on aging are meant to enrich the lives of older Kansans, adults with disabilities, and their families by addressing health and wellness needs through research-based education. Engaged, secure, and healthy individuals benefit families and communities. Presentations and classes are available to groups and organizations. Call the extension office for availability.
The following topics are available for presentations and/or classes:
- Advance Directives (Click here for forms)
- Falling Less in Kansas
- Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate: Distributing Non-Titled Property
- Keys to Embracing Aging
- Master of Memory
- Medicare Options: Basics of Medicare
- "Pass it On" Preventing Fraud and Scams
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Reverse Mortgages
- Stay Strong Stay Healthy
Who Gets Grandma's Yellow Pie Plate: Distributing Non-Titled Property
Personal property transfer is an issue frequently ignored until a crisis occurs or immediate decisions need to be made. The issue of transferring non-titled property is often assumed to be unimportant or an issue that just takes care of itself. Few individuals have planned ahead regarding who should get personal belongings, such as Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate, the oak table, Dad’s cuff links or the family photo album.
Below are some tools to help you make the process a little easier.
Volunteer With SHICK
Our volunteer counselors do not work for any insurance company or financial institution. Our goal is to educate and assist the public in making informed decisions about their health care options. SHICK has many volunteer opportunities. Perhaps one is right for you! Volunteer application
- Medicare Part C/D Counselor-Provides information and counseling about Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) and prescription drug plans (Part D).
- Comprehensive Medicare Counselor-Provides information and counseling about Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D as well as other Medicare options.
- Call Center Operator-Answers the statewide SHICK hotline and forwards callers to appropriate area coordinators for assistance.
- Office Assistant-Provides administrative support including data entry and other clerical duties.
Call our office at (316) 660-0127 to learn more about these volunteer opportunities.