Interested in Home Canning?
Canning food at home is a great way to preserve fresh foods for later use. Additionally, buying produce in season when it is cheap and plentiful for preserving can be an economical way to stock the pantry. The key is canning food properly & safely to prevent food borne illness. This includes only using recipes from trusted sources that have been tested and deemed safe for home canning.
Our local office is equipped with a Pressure Dial Gauge Testing Unit that is available to test your personal dial gauge on your pressure canner. It is recommended that gauges are checked every year. Please call 660-0127 to make an appointment to have your gauge checked.
If you are interested in attending a food preservation class, please call 660-0127 for more information.
- Preserve it Fresh, Preserve it Safe
- Classes typically held in June.
- Meat Preservation Class
- Class typically held in the fall.
Please stop by our front desk for food preservation references.
- For Sale
- So Easy to Preserve- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension
- Complete Guide to Home Canning – USDA
- KSRE publications on food preservation available or view them at: