Spring Garden Fair Combines Popular Events to Kick-Off Growing Season
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
WICHITA — As spring weather returns to our area, the Sedgwick County Extension Master Gardeners, in partnership with area garden clubs, want to help the community make the most of a new gardening season. Together they will be hosting the first ever Spring Garden Fair, May 5-7, 2022. This event will combine both the Tools & Treasures Sale and the Plant Sale, along with other community activities, for one extraordinary garden fair! The line-up of events includes:
Thursday, May 5th and Friday, May 6th (7:00am to 5:00pm)
- TOOLS & TREASURES AND PLANT SALES - Garden enthusiasts and bargain shoppers will discover a wide variety of new and gently used gardening tools, garden art, landscape décor, perennial plants, houseplants, and more. No matter what you’re looking for – plant containers, birdhouses, rain barrels, wheelbarrows, lawn mowers, trellises, compost bins, garden tools, or more – there is sure to be something for everyone.
- CHARITY AUCTION –An online auction will be held to support the educational outreach programs of the Sedgwick County Extension Office. The auction will include a beautiful stained glass garden bench, handmade quilts, unique artwork, a chimenea, and other beautiful garden themed items. A full list of auction items will be available one week prior to the event. Bids will be accepted both in-person and online.
Saturday, May 7TH (7:00am to 1:00pm)
- AREA GARDEN CLUBS - Nine area garden clubs will be present with plant sales and information about club activities. The Herb Society of South Central Kansas will also be on-hand offering food items for breakfast & brunch. Other clubs that will be present include: The Wichita African Violet Study Club, Wichita Bonsai Club, Wichita Daffodil Society, Wichita Hosta Society, Wichita Area Iris Club, Wichita Rose Society, Air Capital Daylily Society, and the Kansas Pond Society.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVITES - Youth gardening activities will be included. Free giveaways include compost samples and one free cherry tomato plant for the first 500 families. A garden hotline booth will also be available to answer gardening questions.
- TOOLS & TREASURES AND PLANT SALES - continues 7:00am – 1:00pm.
- CHARITY AUCTION –continues 7:00am – 1:00pm. Bids will be accepted until 1:00pm CST.
Don’t miss this opportunity to shop great deals, support local garden clubs, benefit the Master Gardener’s community outreach programs, and learn more about gardening, all at the same time. Admission is FREE. Cash or check required for purchases.
All events will be held at the Sedgwick County Extension Education Center (7001 W. 21st Street North, Wichita, KS 67205 - 21st & Ridge Road) in 4-H Hall.
View the event flyer here.
For more information, contact Matthew McKernan at 316-660-0140, or email@example.com.