Spring gardening classes provide free gardening education at Wichita Public Library
Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2020
Trees, container gardens, and shade plants combine to create a landscape that anyone can enjoy on a hot summer day. | Download this photo.
WICHITA — Learn about a variety of timely gardening topics in these upcoming free gardening classes at the Wichita Public Library – Rockwell & Evergreen branches. The classes will be held from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
All classes are free, but registration is required to reserve your seat. Registration opens two weeks prior to each class. Register by phone or through the online events calendar on the Wichita Public Library's website.
Class schedule and topics:
- March 24 (Rockwell): Top 20 Vegetable Pests & Problems
- March 26 (Evergreen): Top 20 Vegetable Pests & Problems
- March 31 (Rockwell): Tree-Mendous Trees!
- April 2 (Evergreen): Tree-Mendous Trees!
- April 7 (Rockwell): Tips for Shade Garden Plants
- April 9 (Evergreen): Tips for Shade Garden Plants
- April 14 (Rockwell): Designing Drought Tolerant Landscapes
- April 16 (Evergreen): Designing Drought Tolerant Landscapes
- April 21 (Rockwell): An Introduction to Container Gardening
- April 23 (Evergreen): An Introduction to Container Gardening
Rockwell Branch Library – Tuesday Classes
5939 E. 9th, Wichita, KS
Evergreen Branch Library – Thursday Classes
2601 N. Arkansas, Wichita, KS
The classes are a joint project of the K-State Research & Extension - Sedgwick County Master Gardener Volunteer program and the Wichita Public Library.