Home and Family Life
Family Life is a research-based program offered to all Kansas families. It focuses on healthy family functioning and provides a primarily preventive approach. The goal of Family Life workshops is to teach and foster knowledge and skills to enable individuals and families to function optimally. Strong, stable, and resilient families are crucial to the health and well being of individuals, communities, and society.
Family Life education offers many different workshops:
- Better Brains for Babies - Expectant parents and parents/caregivers with children 0-5 years old
- Responsive Discipline - Parents with children 3-16 years old
- Stepping Stones for Step-Families - Understanding the New Family
- Internet Safety for Parents - Keep Your Child Safe
- Budgeting Basics
- Bonding Thru Board Games - Family Game Night Program Click here for 2023 Schedule/Flier
- Childcare Provider Training
When families remarry, did you know that...
- Children, ages 9 to 15, may have the hardest time adapting to a new family situation.
- It can take 4 years or more for a step-family to develop into what feels like a family.
- It can take 18 to 24 months for children to be friendly to a new step-parent.
Pediatric Vehicular Heatstroke Death
Children are more likely to have heatstroke in hot cars.
Learn more about vehicular heat stroke, please be aware.