Gray for a Day
Time: 45 minutes
THIS LESSON IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE - CHECK BACK IN SPRING 2023 FOR UPDATES
Gray for a Day utilizes an empathic model to educate participants on the age-related sensory and functional challenges that older adults might face. Participants will get to "gear up" to discover what it is like to live with age-related conditions.
Availability: This class will be taught January-May. 4 weeks of advance notice is required to schedule this lesson.
- Understand how the senses and functional abilities can decline with age
- Experience age-related sensory and functional decline
- Understand the influence of sensory and functional decline on daily life
- Be encouraged to develop the skills necessary to effectively interact with and support someone who may be experiencing age-related sensory and functional challenges
- Understand how taking steps to improve or maintain your health now will contribute to sensory and functional well-being in the future