Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
EFNEP offers a series of interactive, practical lessons in basic nutrition, food preparation, food budget management, and food safety in settings convenient for you. The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program is sponsored by the USDA and implemented by K-State Research & Extension.
Participants will learn how to:
- Buy healthy food on a budget.
- Plan nutritious and quick meals.
- Prepare and taste recipes your family will love.
We serve parents with young children and pregnant women that are eligible for:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Head Start
- Children who receive free and reduced lunch
EFNEP offers a series of classes to churches, recreation centers, and other organizations in Sedgwick County:
- Cooking Matters (partnership with the Greater Wichita YMCA)
- Eat Smart and Move More
- Healthy You and Baby, Too
All classes are completely FREE!
For more information, please contact Sara Sawer at (316) 660-0118.