The parent-child relationship affects us more profoundly than any other relationship of our lives. It is the foundation of all of our relationships and the source of our earliest consciousness about love, intimacy, trust and security. It can nourish us to wholeness and self-assurance or scar us for life.
Children and adults with secure and satisfying family relationships experience greater emotional security and physical health. The skills and knowledge needed for healthy functioning families are:
- knowledge of typical human development
- strong communication skills
- good decision-making skills
- positive self-esteem
- healthy interpersonal relationships.
Programs We Offer:
Great Beginnings for Families
Great Beginnings for Families is a research-based, interactive parenting education curriculum (Spanish and English) for parents of children 0-5 years of age.
- Early Childhood & Development
- Everyday Growing & Learning
- Brain Development & Attachment
- Guidance & Discipline
- Play & Encouragement
- Getting Along
- Building Family Strengths
Responsive Discipline - A decision-making approach to guidance in parent-child relationships
- Understanding Discipline
- Establishing Priorities & Setting Limits
- Why Children "Misbehave"
- Prevention Tools
- Reasonable Consequences
Contact Elizabeth Brunscheen for videos on lessons 3 - 9.