Aging and Medicare
Presentations and classes on aging are meant to enrich the lives of older Kansans, adults with disabilities, and their families by addressing health and wellness needs through research-based education. Engaged, secure, and healthy individuals benefit families and communities. Presentations and classes are available to groups and organizations. Call the extension office for availability.
The following topics are available for presentations and/or classes:
- Advance Directives
- Falling Less in Kansas
- Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate: Distributing Non-Titled Property
- Keys to Embracing Aging
- Master of Memory
- Medicare Options: Basics of Medicare
- "Pass it On" Preventing Fraud and Scams
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers
- Reverse Mortgages
- Stay Strong Stay Healthy
Medicare Question of the Month
Q: When is my insurance through my employer or my spouse's employer insurance primary to Medicare?
A: Your employer insurance will be primary to Medicare depending on the situation. If you are over 65 and your company or your spouse's company has more than 20 employees, OR if you are receiving your Medicare through Social Security disability and your spouse's employer has more than 100 employees then the employer insurance is primary.
Remember the employee must be currently working. This does not apply to retiree plans.
Note: *Employer insurance can include the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) available through the Health Insurance Market Place.
Volunteer With SHICK
Our volunteer counselors do not work for any insurance company or financial institution. Our goal is to educate and assist the public in making informed decisions about their health care options. SHICK has many volunteer opportunities. Perhaps one is right for you! Volunteer application
- Medicare Part C/D Counselor-Provides information and counseling about Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) and prescription drug plans (Part D).
- Comprehensive Medicare Counselor-Provides information and counseling about Medicare Parts A, B, C, and D as well as other Medicare options.
- Call Center Operator-Answers the statewide SHICK hotline and forwards callers to appropriate area coordinators for assistance.
- Office Assistant-Provides administrative support including data entry and other clerical duties.
Call our office at (316) 660-0127 to learn more about these volunteer opportunities.